While these five results may not hold as we hear from more of you, here’s what 200+ nonprofit communicators have said so far. If you are thinking about 2023, here’s what you can expect as a nonprofit marketer and communicator.
- Instagram has the most potential to help you reach your nonprofit communications objectives in 2023. Next are LinkedIn and Facebook in a tie for second place. TikTok is next, followed by YouTube, then Twitter.
- By far, Twitter is the platform most nonprofit communications pros wish they could drop in 2023. We don’t know if that is longer-term loathing or the results of Elon Musk’s recent actions. We’ll look back into some of our previous data on that one.
- Only about a quarter of nonprofit communicators believe they have the opportunity for advancement in 2023. We defined that as a better position or significant raise at their organization in 2023.
- More than a third of survey respondents say they plan to seek new employment with a different organization in 2023. In our Nonprofit Communications Trends Report in January, we’ll look at the crossover between this answer and others.
- The overwhelming majority say the pandemic has changed expectations about where they work. Most say they now work in a hybrid environment or at home.