Curious how long nonprofit communications staff have been in their jobs and how many people are looking for new ones? We were, so we included these questions in the survey for the 2023 Nonprofit Communications Trends Report coming out in January 2023.
Here’s a sneak peek at the data, with more details coming in January.
First, we asked how long communications staff had been working in their current roles.
- Just over half, 55%, started their jobs before March 2020, pre-pandemic.
- 31% started work between March 2020 and March 2022, what we called the early-mid pandemic
- The remaining 14% started their jobs during the late pandemic or in April 2022 or later.
We also asked if they planned to seek employment with a different organization in 2023.
- One-third will be looking for a new job
- Two-thirds plan to stay put
If you are looking for a new job and have recently started one, here are some of our favorite blog posts for you:
- The First 100 Days of Your New Nonprofit Marketing Job
- Three Ways to Get Promoted from Coordinator to Director
- 5 Considerations for Your NPCOMM Professional Development Plan
- You’ve Just Been Promoted to Chief of Staff
- My Professional Development Plan: Get Lost on Purpose
- What a Development AND Communications Director Really Does
The post Changing Jobs in Nonprofit Marketing and Communications appeared first on Nonprofit Marketing Guide.