- Are you more outgoing and social or introverted?
- Are you described by others as being warm, friendly and often helping others?
- Might people describe you as hard-working, dependable and a planner?
You almost certainly had answers for all 3 questions that came naturally and quickly. These are typical descriptors for people and well, you know you.
- Do you prefer alternative music or country?
- Do you prefer small, toy dogs or bigger breeds or no dogs at all?
- Does your LinkedIn profile include GPAs, list of achievements and a more formal picture?
Again, you had answers to all 3 that came naturally and easily. You know you.
Would it surprise you to know, research shows your answers to the first 3 personality questions help explain your preference answers?
We are what we choose. This includes charity choice; we prefer brands matching our personality.
And as it turns out, we’re also how we write and talk. Different personalities use different words, tone and style when writing and speaking.
Do you think a donor will be more or less likely to respond to your appeal if it read and felt like them?
Matching your appeals to Personality works because it makes the content,
- More relevant
- Easier to process, more fluent
- Feel more familiar
- Feel more “right” to the reader
- All of the above makes them more likely to give or do on your behalf
- All of the above makes them more likely to feel good about themselves and the decision
Getting into the game of what we call Personalized Matching isn’t about ‘raising the bar’, it’s resetting it in the only place that makes any financial or human sense.
And it’s doable. Heck, it’s even enjoyable and definitely rewarding.
We’re kicking off a fortnight+ of Personality learning, training and discussion. It’ll culminate with an online learning session that you can register for here. You’ll see real life examples and case studies galore.
We’re also asking registrants to also take a Big Five Personality assessment. You’ll probably enjoy it and likely see yourself in your results.
It’s anonymous and you’ll get your scores instantly, all online. Though if you’re willing to share, we’ll leave space in the registration to enter in your scores. We’ll only use scores to create an aggregate, overall ‘fundraiser personality profile’.
And because we’re behavioral science geeks and we wouldn’t want the cobbler’s kids to be shoeless we’ve measured our traits too. Here’s our composite score, the DonorVoice Personality – it’s like a peek into our collective, team soul.
If you’re wondering, a certain someone whose name rhymes with “Bevin” brings down the team’s Agreeableness score…
We’ll share what all this means and how to apply it over the next two weeks but you can get a primer by taking your assessment as part of the registration.
P.S. Take your Big Five Assessment here, get your scores and share (privately) as part of registration with link below.