You rushed out the door this morning and left your raincoat or umbrella, and it, of course, rains.
You didn’t get gas yesterday because you just wanted to get home after a long day and now you have to unexpectedly drive across town to take your child to the doctor.
You didn’t prepare a blog post for today because you were stressed because you’ve been working on a big project and now you are scrambling to post something the weekend after your birthday. (OK, that one was me today!)
For all of us out there who end up piling on more stress trying to avoid stress, here are 10 tips from Gretchen Rubin’s 20 Very Easy Tips for Lowering Your Daily Stress Level.
“A little effort now means a lot less stress, later.”
- Get up thirty minutes earlier than usual.
- Before you go to sleep, prepare for the morning.
- Bring a hat and an umbrella.
- Make a list.
- Listen to a favorite song.
- Keep an extra set of keys.
- Throw something away.
- Don’t say mean things about other people.
- Put a Bandaid in your wallet.
For the full list, visit the Positively Positive blog.